Download and Install Pervasive SQL for Workgroups 32bit FIRST
Download and Install Sage 50c Pastel Partner V19 SECOND
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION :
SAGE 50C PASTEL PARTNER/XPRESS AND PERVASIVE SQL HERE
SAGE 50C PASTEL PAYROLL HR AND PERVASIVE SQL HERE
When you install your copy of a Sage Pastel Accounting / Partner / Xpress or Payroll product the program allows you to register the package as a demo version, or an educational version, and you will have to register your package before you can use it.
- To register your package, you will need the registration number, which is found in the first chapter of your corresponding training manual. It consists of 41 numbers, with a dash between each 5th number.
- The education version remains registered for six (6) months. However, you can create as many master file records as you like. Once you register, you do not lose any work you have done.
- If you register the program at the beginning of the year it will probably remain registered until the end of July. If you register the package towards the second half of the year it should remain registered until the 31st of December (of that year).
Also, take into consideration that you can only register an education version on one machine. This registration will not work in a multi-user environment.
Nor will you be able to register a Pastel education version on a machine that has a functioning Pastel package installed and licensed on it.
You will need to use the latest training manual, which is valid for the year you are currently in.
If you have an old Pastel training manual, the education registration will not work, the only registration you could get from installing the old version is a 30-day demo mode.
You cannot use registration for a different version ie. You cannot use a Version 12 key on a Version 19 Pastel package.
The process to register for the following packages is the same:
- Sage Pastel Xpress Version 12, 14, 17, 18, 19
- Sage Pastel Partner Version 12, 14, 17, 18, 19
- Sage Pastel Accounting Version 4, 5, 6, 2007, 2009, 2011
Registration of your package involves providing the following items of information:
A Serial Number
Each Pastel package purchased has a serial number. If you have purchased a multi-user license, enter its serial number in the appropriate field. Having a multi-user license means more than one user has access to the same company simultaneously in a networked environment.
When you purchase any additional add-on modules, you will be supplied with additional serial numbers and a new authorisation code.
Registration Company Name
You should enter the registered name for your package which can be up to 50 characters long. This name appears on the top right-hand side of each report you produce. This name is used to calculate the authorisation code, so you must be exact when providing and entering it.
Sage Pastel will provide you with the authorisation code. This code is based on the registered name of the computer.
To register your package, follow these steps:
- Start up your Pastel program. Select the HELP drop-down menu option… and select the REGISTER YOUR PACKAGE option
- On the Welcome to Pastel screen… Click on the Next button
- Always select the Local/Server Registration option
- Click the Next button
- A Registration screen will now appear
- On the Registration Details screen, un-tick the option to Register Online and ensure that the option Educational Pack is ticked
- Using your keyboard press the Ctrl + Shift + T keys simultaneously. A new window will open.
NOTE: If the new window does not display, remove the tick in the Educational tick box and then replace the tick in the tick box and press all three keys again.
In the space provided, enter your registration number that is found in the training manual (lesson 1) that was provided to you on your course.
- After imputing the registration number, click the OK button
- Pastel will now return to a Registration Details screen… Click the Next button
- At times you may experience an error screen displayed: “The registration code does not correspond to the version of Pervasive you are running”
This means that the version of Pervasive you have installed is not the one that comes bundled with the Pastel version you have installed. You can click OK, and ignore this message.
- A Summary splash screen shows all the registered details
- Click on the Next button
- And finally, click on the Finish button
If you are having trouble registering your software, please check the following:
The date on your computer is set to the correct date.
To check this, you will need to place your mouse cursor over the time display in the bottom left corner of your screen.
A small box will pop up displaying the date that your computer is set to.
If your date setting is incorrect, right-click on the time display, select the Adjust Date/Time option and change your date setting.
The name entered on your registration form online is exactly the same as the name entered on the Sage Pastel product registration screen within your software.
The Sage Pastel product registration screen within your software is case-sensitive. Therefore, where you have made use of uppercase letters, special characters, and spaces on the form you filled in on this site, you will have to use the same uppercase letters, special characters, or spaces when filling in your details on the product registration screen.
Contact the Sage Pastel Registrations Team on +27 11 304 3000.
When starting your Pastel program look at the bottom of the computer screen (next to the date/time/clock in the bottom right-hand side of your screen) for a little red icon that says Pervasive Database.
Pastel uses this database engine to store all the information that you have put into your Pastel files.
This Pervasive database will follow the opening and closing of the Pastel program and you will normally not have an awareness of its background operations.
However, should you be kicked out of the program for any reason, such as a power failure, you would need to close this engine manually before you try to reopen the Pastel program. Failure to do this will result in your receiving the following error message “Password in use”.
- Close the Pastel program
- Go to the small icon found close to your clock, and hover your mouse over the icon
- Right-click on this icon and select close database engine
Now restart the Pastel program.