FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES REGISTRATION MEAN
- Access to the Sage University Training Zone to assist you with study and assessment tips before your assessment.
- You will be able to write your Sage Pastel assessment and if you pass, receive your certificate immediately via email.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TRAINING MANUAL'S SERIAL NUMBER
MY EMAIL HAS CHANGED AND I CANNOT RETRIEVE MY PASSWORD OR USERNAME
Contact the Sage Pastel training department and request your username and password telephonically. When you are logged into your profile, update your personal details with your new email address.
My ID number / Passport number already exists when creating a profile
A learner can only have one profile. If your ID number / Passport number already exists on the system, follow the options to retrieve your username and password by clicking on the link Have you forgotten your User Name and Password. If you do not receive an email with your logon credentials, contact the Sage Pastel training department.
My ID number / Passport number is incorrect
If your ID number is incorrect, you need to scan and email a certified copy of your ID book or Passport to the Sage Pastel training department.
When does my assessment expire?
An assessment is valid for 6 months from the date the assessment serial number was registered. Log onto the Training Zone with your username and password and click on the Write my Assessment link. The time left till the assessment expires will display in the right column.
No assessment to write
If you log into the Training Zone and there is no assessment to write, your assessment has either expired and you need to purchase a new serial number or the assessment has not been registered. Once you receive your serial number, it is important that you click on the Register Serial Number link and register your serial number.
The Serial Number does not register / Serial number is invalid
The prefixes of all serial numbers are a combination of letters and numbers. The prefix is the first 5 characters of the serial number. At times, the letter O is mistaken for the number 0. Try both options when registering. If the serial number still does not register, contact the Sage Pastel training department.
The assessment stopped on a specific question and I can’t continue
If your internet connection is lost for even a second, the assessment connection will be lost as it does not automatically reconnect to the internet. Restart your computer to create a new internet connection. Log into the Training Zone again to write your assessment and follow all the links as if you are writing for the first time. On the last screen, click on the Resume button.
The power went off during the assessment
In the case of a power failure, when the power is restored, login to write your assessment and follow all the links as if you are writing for the first time. On the last screen, click on the Resume button.
Images did not display
If you have an unstable or slow internet connection, images may take longer to load than normal. Wait for about 10 seconds for the image to load. If the image still does not load, restart the computer to try and establish a better connection. Once you have established a better internet connection, log into the Training Zone and access your assessment. Click on the Resume button to continue writing your assessment from the point where you restarted the computer.
I clicked on the End Review button and the assessment was submitted for assessing
If you have completed reviewing your assessment, by clicking on the End Review button will, the system will submit your assessment for assessing. Once an assessment has been submitted for assessing, the assessment cannot be reopened for a student to write again.
Did not receive my results
- If you did not receive your results after you completed your online assessment, log into the Training Zone and on the left-hand side of the screen, click on the Certificate Request link. Confirm that all your personal details are correct. If you make changes to any of your personal details, click on the Update button to update the changes.
- Make a tick in the tick box next to the assessment that you require the certificate for. Click on the Place Order button to send the request.
My name is incorrect on the certificate
- If your name displays incorrectly, you need to scan and email a certified copy of your ID book or Passport to the Sage Pastel training department to rectify it.
- This process can take up to 72 hours to update.