Pastel Training Decimal Separator Error
When opening Pastel Partner / Xpress for the first time on a Microsoft Windows machine, you may receive the following Error Message:
"The decimal/thousand separators for number and currency formats are not the same. Please change your windows settings"
- Click on the Windows Start button at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and then click on the Control Panel link.
- In older Windows versions, on the left-hand side of the screen, click on Classic View and then double click on the Regional and Language Icon.
- In older Windows versions, on the top right-hand side select Small Icons and then select the Region and Language icon.
- In older Windows versions, on the Regional and Language Options screen, select the Formats tab.
- Ensure that your Current format is English (South Africa) and click on the button at the bottom right-hand corner Customize this format.
- In Windows 7 upwards, on the Regional and Language screen, select the Formats tab.
- Ensure that your Format is English (South Africa) and click on the button at the bottom right corner Additional Settings.
- Numbers Tab… In the list separator option, (decimal symbol) change it from a comma to a full-stop DOT
- Currency Tab — decimal symbol must be a DOT.
If the symbol that you would like to use as your separator is not in the drop-down list, then in the field, press the symbol on the keyboard of the computer to insert it.