Trying to configure error after Windows 10 updates
Pastel is trying to configure when UAC (User Account Control) is turned on after the Windows 10 updates. This error often occurs due to the Windows updates resetting or returning the UAC to the factory default.
If you get this error you would need to make sure that the UAC has been turned off.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Select Start in your Windows start button...
- Go to the Control Panel
- Change the view by to “Category”.
- Select User Accounts...
- Select User Accounts again...
- Select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Ensure that the slider is positioned at “Never notify” by sliding to the bottom.