Bad File Name or Number
Pastel Error Sage Intelligence
** Please note that this has been logged with the Pastel developers and we are awaiting a full solution to this issue **
On Sage Pastel V14 (build 14.0.7) when running Sage Intelligence on a workstation accessing data across the network, you encounter the error “Bad file name or number”
On the workstation where you are getting this problem, open the Report Manager and run the report again to create the link.
If this does not work, create a local database via the Pervasive Control Centre with PAS14xxxxxx e.g. PAS14ABC2015
To create a database in the Pervasive Control Centre
- For Windows 7 and XP Go to Start... Run and type in PCC to open the Pervasive Control Centre
- For Windows 8 put the mouse cursor on the top right corner (called the hotspot) you should see a magnifying glass pop out to the left
- Click on this search function and in the search option type in PCC to open the Pervasive Control Centre
You may have to wait a short while for this to open on slower networks
Once the Pervasive Control Centre opens...
In the Pervasive Control Centre there is a left and right side panes, on the left hand pane ( + )Expand the Computer name to see Databases
Right click on Databases and select New... Database
- On the New Database screen enter PAS14xxxxxx e.g. PAS14ABC15 in Database Name field
- On the Location field click on the three dots and navigate (search) to the company location (where your Pastel data sits)
Once you have added the company location make sure that the above is as per the screenshot and you have selected the option - Create Engine DNS.
- Click finish
- Close the Pervasive Control Centre
- Please open Pastel and re-run the report