Sage ACT Enabling File Sharing
If you are planning to setup a multi user database, you will have to enable sharing.
- Tools…Database Maintenance …Share Database.
Make sure the database is shared.
If you selected the “Share database” option, when creating / restoring a database, this option will already be enabled.
After enable sharing, it is also advised to check folder share properties.
In the windows folder…Browse to the database supplemental folder.
- Right click on this folder and select Properties
- Click on the Sharing tab and select the Share this folder option.
- Click on the Permissions button to set user specific permissions.
You have 2 options:
Add Everyone to the permissions list (access to all areas)
Add individual users to the permissions list (access to all areas)
- Now click on the Security tab.
Ensure that Everyone and / or is listed and full access is applied.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Also check Share Permission here.
- Right click on My Computer and select Manage from the menu to launch Computer Management window.
- Browse to System Tools…Shared Folder…Shares.
All available shares will be listed here.
- Right click on Database supplemental share and select Properties.
You will now notice that the Database supplemental file is shared.